The Board of Trustees is the RCP’s governing body. It meets four times a year and is responsible for:
- defining RCP policy, agreeing the RCP business plan and monitoring the progress of RCP affairs
- the custody of the RCP, ensuring effective management and administration.
It has the authority to carry out the RCP’s charitable responsibilities and can delegate to the RCP’s boards and committees. It works closely and liaises with the Council but ultimately, all decisions (apart from changes to the bye-laws and regulations) are either taken by, or on behalf of, the Board of Trustees and reported to the fellows at the AGM.
The Board of Trustees comprises:
- senior officers of the RCP (ex officio – six)
- members nominated from Council (see below)
- lay members appointed by the Board of Trustees (see below).
- RCP Board of Trustees May 2021 145.32 KB
- Standing orders of the Board of Trustees_2019 377.78 KB