- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
|22 Nov 2013||London||FULLY BOOKED|| |
|28 Feb 2014||London|| |
|19 Jun 2014||Liverpool
Don't miss out - early bird discounts available on selected dates.
Further dates are being scheduled - email email@example.com to register your interest and receive early notification of dates
The workplace-based assessment workshop provides an overview of the assessment methods regularly used to assess performance in the workplace, and will help develop confidence in using them fairly and effectively
Who should apply?
|All specialties||Medical students||FY||CMT / ST1–2||ST3+||SAS||Consultants and |
Delegates will learn how to use assessment methods that are reliable, valid, objective, and have educational impact. The differences and the relationships between appraisal and assessment will be discussed, and models for giving effective feedback will be demonstrated.
Delegates will also be able to identify and maximise opportunities for workplace-based assessment, within this interactive and practical one-day workshop.
By the end of this workshop, doctors will be able to:
- recognise the difference, and the relationship between, assessment and appraisal
- practise using workplace-based assessments
- use appropriate methods of assessment in a way that ensures reliability, validity, transparency, feasibility and educational impact
- provide good quality, useful feedback
- overcome problems related to the assessment process.
This workshop forms part of the RCP Educator accreditation
‘Very useful evidence base which is reassuring!’
‘Overall an excellent workshop, delivered in an excellent interactive manner, easy to follow, easy to understand. It’s very relevant and will greatly contribute to my hospital.’