- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
Preparing for revalidation
Online training, which includes appraisal preparation
Log in to access the
module here if you have already purchased
Revalidation is the process whereby, all licensed doctors have to demonstrate that they are up to date and fit to practise. Central to this process is the annual appraisal, through which doctors will meet with an appraiser.
Preparing for revalidation is a flexible, practical and personalised package, which offers three hours of online training. It helps you to fully understand the revalidation process, prepare thoroughly for your annual appraisal and ensure the appraisal process is positive and productive.
The package can also be purchased at a discounted rate, as a follow-up to our Appraisal for revalidation workshop.
Who should purchase this e-learning package?
Any secondary care doctor who works in England and is going through the revalidation process.
It can also be purchased by anyone who is responsible for arranging revalidation training, on behalf of their doctors. This could include medical directors or HR directors.
Please note this e-learning package is not suitable for appraisers. If you require appraiser training, we have a popular workshop, which runs regularly throughout the year.
Please visit our Appraisal
for revalidation workshop page for further information.
Why should I buy this package?
In addition to preparing you for revalidation and your annual appraisal, the package offers a range of features:
- Interactivity. The package is interactive and the content is designed to be engaging.
- Range of activities. This includes e-lessons, workbooks, key readers, videos and quizzes.
- Educational. The package has been designed in a way that optimises the learning experience and will help you to develop.
- RCP expertise - Built, developed and tested by RCP faculty with extensive experience and expertise across different specialities and grades.
- Time saving. The package encourages you to begin to compile your portfolio of supporting information and think about your personal development plan, as you work through it.
- Mobile companion. This acts as an aide memoire and enables you to learn on-the-move.
How much does it cost?
The following prices are inclusive of VAT
£90 – full price
£80 – RCP members and fellows
£45 / £40* – doctors purchasing the package as a follow-up to the Appraisal for revalidation workshop
*RCP members and fellows
Discounts are also available for anyone purchasing more than 10 licences. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
How long will I have access for?
You will have full access to the package for three months. Please note that you can download workbooks, key readers, useful links, glossary, video transcripts and audio files, which you can then access beyond the three month period.
What are the IT requirements?
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Safari 5 or later
- Firefox 3.5 or later
- Chrome 10 or later
- PC running Windows Vista 7 or later
- Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Adobe Flash Player 6.0.79 or later
- It is also possible to access and download the written elements of the programme, including workbooks, on e-readers and tablet devices such as iPads.
- Videos, e-lessons
and quizzes can only be viewed on PCs and Macs.
- The mobile companion is available on iPhone and Android devices.
I am unable to view the videos; are any alternatives available?
Playback of multimedia content such as videos can vary, depending upon your network performance and settings. In particular, some trusts do not allow videos to be viewed. To allow for this, the package offers an audio file and a written transcript of each video.
Is support available as part of the package?
A support contact is available and will respond to all queries within two working days.
Can I purchase the package for doctors in my trust or hospital?
We offer a package, which includes additional features such as reporting, jointly branded documentation and a discount, for anyone purchasing more than 10 licences. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Do you offer any revalidation training, which I can attend in person?
Yes, we offer a workshop, for doctors and appraisers, which is delivered by NHS doctors who are leading in the implementation of the revalidation process, as well as medical educationalists with up-to-date and specialist knowledge in this area.
You will have the option to purchase Preparing for revalidation at a discounted rate, when booking a place on the workshop. This provides a refresher and a follow-up to the workshop, covering all of the key areas of learning. It will also give you guidance, as you prepare your supporting information and personal development plan. On successful completion, you will receive three additional CPD credits.
The discounted rate is £45 (£40 if you are an RCP member or fellow). This option is available when you complete the workshop booking form.
Find out more about the Appraisal for revalidation workshop and follow-up option.