- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
|21 Sep 2013||London|
The Royal College of Physicians is pleased to announce its second dedicated medical careers day for medical students and foundation doctors. The event is taking place on Saturday 21 September 2013 and will be followed by a social gathering afterwards. More information can be found below; we hope you can make it!
Sign up to attend our RCP medical careers day and recommend a friend to do the same – you will not only get expert careers advice, but you will both be entered into a prize draw with the chance of winning an iPad mini.
To enter the competition and attend the event, all you need to do is register and make a note of your unique EVT number (provided after payment is taken). Your friend will then need to do the same and include your EVT number on their booking form (please enter within the special requirements box). Once both bookings are received, you will then both be entered into the prize draw.
What is it?
A one-day event offering expert careers advice, guidance and support, plus a networking and social drinks event afterwards.
The RCP represents over 28,000 doctors worldwide and is committed to supporting the development of student and trainee doctors.
When is it?
Saturday 21 September 2013, 9.30 to 18.30 (includes social event)
Who is it for?
Motivated medical students and foundation doctors who want to make the most of their undergraduate and foundation years and excel in the profession.
RCP medical student and foundation doctor members are eligible for significantly reduced rates.
- A full programme of talks and discussions, with leading UK physicians offering first-hand guidance on reaching the pinnacle of the profession.
- The only UK medical careers fair to feature all medical specialties, major sub-specialties and faculty specialties.
- Consultants and trainees from every medical specialty on-hand throughout the day to answer your questions and offer advice based on real-life experience.
- Insightful talks and lectures on making the most of your portfolio, and career paths beyond clinical medicine, including academic medicine and medical management.
- The Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB) and MRCP(UK) teams offering free face-to-face advice on the key medical exams and qualifications.
- Dedicated one-to-one CV clinics run by a variety of consultants to offer specific and relevant advice.
“The event was excellent and I would highly recommend it to every medical student or foundation doctor, even if you think you know what sort of direction you want to go in, this opens your eyes to all the different specialties on offer. It was a great opportunity to speak to lots of enthusiastic people and ask lots of questions. I thought it was great value for money and very well organised.”
Miss Emma Collins, 3rd year medical student, University of Bristol
How much is it?
- RCP CMT member - £10
- RCP medical student member - £10
- RCP international medical graduate (IMG) - £10
- Medical student non RCP member - £30
- RCP foundation doctor member - £10
- Foundation doctor non RCP member - £65
Where is it?
The event will be held at:
The Royal College of Physicians
11 St Andrews Place
For more information…
- Find out more about medical student membership and join today
- Find out more about foundation doctor membership and join today
- View a selection of images from previous Medical careers days
- Register for the RCP Medical careers day 2013
- Visit the RCP training timeline and find out how the RCP can help you and your career