- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
Co-badged by the British Thoracic Society and British Association of Sexual Health and HIV
‘Excellent programme and speakers, relevant to general respiratory physician... Case presentations were thought provoking.’
(Dr Andrew Hardy)
This one-day medical conference will explore the epidemiology and risk factors for tuberculosis (TB), reviewing the varied clinical presentations of pulmonary and extra-pulmonary TB and giving clear protocols for the investigation of TB in varying clinical situations. The programme will also look at the use of novel diagnostic tools and delegates will leave the conference with a greater understanding of the treatment of TB and the potential adverse reactions to treatment and drug interactions.
Designed to be applicable to clinical practice, the programme will present the latest cutting-edge information on topics such as:
• Laboratory tools for the diagnosis and surveillance of TB and drug resistance.
• Diagnostic approaches in pulmonary and extrapulmonary TB.
• TB - HIV co-infection and clinical dilemmas.
• TB treatment: what to use - management of complications and drugs.
• Contact tracing and incident management.
• Novel treatments in TB.
• Where are we with TB vaccines?
Who should attend this medical conference:
• GUM physicians
• respiratory physicians
• infectious Diseases physicians
• general physicians.