As a specialty trainee, you are eligible for collegiate membership.
We are here to help you confidently fulfil your role as a medical and specialty registrar. Our dedicated resources and support networks are specifically designed to support you to become a confident and accomplished clinician.
We know that your future success is not only about medical expertise. Our quality education, events and training tools are designed to build your clinical knowledge, as well as communication and leadership skills. Everything we do fits flexibly around your individual work schedule and career goals as you become a successful, well-connected clinical leader.
Membership benefits for specialty trainees
- Free access to streamed CPD content via RCP Player, including a series dedicated to trainees.
- access to RCP Launchpad – essential resources for those moving towards autonomous practice
- Free and discounted access to conferences and events such as the annual Trainees conference.
- Free access to e-learning modules such as Breaking bad news.
- Discounted access to education and training opportunities to develop leadership and communication skills.
- Full online access to Clinical Medicine, Future Healthcare Journal and Commentary magazine to keep you abreast of the latest developments across general medicine, the specialties and the future delivery of healthcare.
- Entry into our regional poster competition and Turner-Warwick lecture scheme.
- Representation and support through the Trainees Committee.
- The option to pay JRCPTB fees in instalments alongside your membership subscription.
- Access to our Members and Fellows Lounge at The Spine boasting impressive views of Liverpool and beyond, free Wi-Fi, a coffee machine, access to charging points and more.
- Discounts and offers, including access to TOTUM Pro (formerly NUS Extra) and 20% off UptoDate.
We also offer access to our CPD diary and app, saving you £165 a year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for collegiate membership?
If you are a consultant or an NHS consultant in a substantive post then you are eligible for collegiate membership.
If you are a specialty trainee enrolled in higher medical training with the JRCPTB, you qualify for collegiate membership. We encourage you to spread the cost of your training fees by paying annually alongside your trainee collegiate membership subscription.
If you have passed the MRCP(UK) exam you qualify for collegiate membership.
If you are a qualified international physician who has passed the MRCP(UK) exam you are eligible for collegiate membership.
How much does collegiate membership cost per year?
If applying between 1 July and 31 December
Collegiate membership (UK 0-2 years as a consultant) – £181.00
Collegiate membership (UK 3-4 years as a consultant) – £200.00
Collegiate membership (UK more than 5 years as a consultant) – £238.00
Collegiate membership (international HIC) – £145.00
Collegiate membership (international LMIC) – £127.00
Collegiate membership (trainees enrolled with JRCPTB) – £139.00
Collegiate membership (combined with JRCPTB training fee) – £311.00
If applying between 1 January and 30 June
Collegiate membership (UK 0-2 years as a consultant) – £90.50
Collegiate membership (UK 3-4 years as a consultant) – £100.00
Collegiate membership (UK more than 5 years as a consultant) – £119.00
Collegiate membership (international HIC) – £72.50
Collegiate membership (international LMIC) – £31.75
Collegiate membership (trainees enrolled with JRCPTB) – £69.50
Collegiate membership (combined with JRCPTB training fee) – £241.50
Collegiate membership is renewed on 1 October each year
If you are a UK taxpayer, save from 22–40% of the cost of your membership subscription. Please read our payment information document to find out more about subscriptions and concessions.