RCP working party report on the use of exercise in the treatment and management of disease.
- a national strategy for physical activity, health and wellness
- expertise from the sport and exercise medicine (SEM) specialty being spread across all health professionals
- QOF incentives for physical activity interventions must be developed
- medical students should receive education in SEM
- the providers of exercise instruction to should work to appropriate professional standards, which should be developed to aid primary care in the risk stratification of patients and the identification of care pathways.
- the legacy from the London 2012 Olympics should be used to develop of pilot projects.
Exercise for life 878.42 KB