- What we do
- Medical careers & training
- CPD, education & revalidation
- My RCP
20 November 2012
29 November 2012
7pm to 10pm
Royal College of Physicians, London, NW1 4LE
The Future Hospital Commission aims to identify a system in which safe, effective, respectful and compassionate medical care can be delivered to all who need it as hospital inpatients, 7 days a week. The focus of the commission is the acute medical patient in a hospital setting, wherever they are cared for in hospital (eg whether they are in a bed on a medical, surgical or obstetric ward).
As the workforce of the future you will be responsible for delivering this care. We need to hear your views and ideas:
- How would you ensure continuity of care?
- What would you need to see change to make you apply for a medical registrar post?
- Where would you place the consultant to guarantee high-quality care?
- Network with senior consultants over refreshments.
- Hear four members of the Future Hospital Commission talk about the work so far.
- Vote on proposed recommendations from the commission.
- Tell us what you think – challenge the ideas and give us your suggestions.
Can’t make the event?
- The event will be live-streamed for RCP members and fellows from 7.30pm: access via the events page.
- Email your questions up to 24 hours in advance: email@example.com.
- Follow the event live on Twitter via @RCPLondon.
- Tweet your thoughts, ideas and questions using the hashtag #futurehospital
- Join the discussion on the Future Hospital Commission forum.
Watch the live webstream available to RCP members. RCP membership is available from as little as £1 per month.