William Harvey House (Houses 9 and 10 St Andrews Place) was designed and built in 1826 by the architect John Nash (1752-1835).

This was a time of distinctive trends in British architecture, literature, fashions, politics, and culture. 

In May 1974 the houses of the RCP precinct were grade 1-listed.

In October 2011 the accommodation reopened after a major refurbishment. The restoration has been influenced by the historical context, the structure of the building itself and the operational brief.  However, the real ambition was to create a welcoming and comfortable ‘home from home’ in the heart of London.

The accommodation was renamed William Harvey House in memory of the eminent physician. 

Eighteen bedrooms have all been refurbished to a ‘four-star plus’ boutique hotel standard.

They consist of:

  • large Parkside rooms
  • spacious standard double or twin rooms on the Albany Street side
  • cosy third floor studio rooms.

Each room is named after an eminent and respected physician. We now offer comfortable and affordable accommodation right in the centre of London, with the added advantage of a beautiful royal park right on the doorstep.

William Harvey House brochure