The RCP plays a key role in providing hospital doctors with the information and support they need. We have long-established areas of expertise that we make available to teams and individuals.
Our work in producing clinical guidelines and audits is well established, and we are constantly developing the ways we help organisations with audit delivery or record keeping.
Find out about all the consultancy services we offer below.
Invited service reviews
Healthcare organisations can request invited service reviews (ISRs) relating to issues that may require independent and external assurance, support and advice. Suitable for all medical specialties, ISRs are an opportunity for healthcare organisations to deal with issues at an early stage before serious concerns arise.
Terms of reference are agreed with the trust before the review visit. The team is physician-led providing assurance, expertise and breadth of knowledge. The review visit involves analysing the situation via interviews, and feedback is provided at the end of the review. A report with recommendations is produced and issued to the healthcare organisation. A fee is charged, plus expenses and accommodation costs.
Stroke Peer Review Scheme
The RCP – in association with the British Association of Stroke Physicians and the Stroke Association – run a peer review service for trusts in the UK. Peer review visits are usually requested by individual trusts or stroke networks in response to audit results, or to explore preparedness for changes in stroke services.
Hospitals are visited by a multidisciplinary review team of highly experienced clinicians, managers and patient representatives, who are trained in conducting the stroke peer reviews.
The focus of a review can be any part of the stroke pathway eg acute care, rehabilitation or transient ischaemic attack (TIA) service. Recommendations are given on the day of the visit and a full report is issued soon after.
The RCP educational consultancy works with medical organisations – in the UK and internationally – to help find effective solutions to challenging educational and training issues, faced by the modern medical profession. We then use our expertise to implement solutions and produce tailored programmes for our partners.
We have supported a number of different organisations, offering a range of services from advisory through to undertaking major curriculum design and development work.
With a wide range of knowledge and experience, we've helped our partners by:
- putting in place an assessment system to satisfy the regulator that standards are being achieved
- advising on a pragmatic and workable approach to managing trainees in difficulty
- designing, developing and implementing a new postgraduate curriculum
- developing a skilled teaching faculty that provides effective training to trainees.
To find out more contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Guideline Centre consultancy
The National Guideline Centre is able to offer a range of national and international consultancy services. Building on our experience of systematic reviewing, health economics, evidence translation and guideline development we can help you deliver your evidence based projects. Our aim is to share best practice and help our clients improve the quality of healthcare. We are able to tailor our services specifically to your needs.
We provide flexible and bespoke services which include:
- advice on systematic reviewing, literature searching, health economics and guideline development
- help with designing and planning a systematic review
- design of literature search strategy for medical databases
- conducting systematic reviews
- assisting in development of a guideline programme
- training in systematic reviewing, health economics and literature searching through one-to-one, group sessions or part of one of our regular training courses
- help with evidence translation and clinical policy decision making
- health economic modelling
- development of a complete guideline including project management of the process from beginning to end.
Please contact email@example.com to find out more.