This year’s annual report and accounts, 500 years of medicine, presents the RCP’s key achievements in 2018 as well as outlining our plans for 2019.
It is set out under our five strategic themes:
- improving care for patients
- developing physicians throughout their careers
- leading and supporting our members
- shaping the future of health and healthcare
- investing in our future and building on our heritage.
The report includes details of our 500th anniversary, which we celebrated with a series of special events. Also during 2018, building work began on RCP at The Spine, our new office in Liverpool, which is due to open in 2020.
It features our work in numbers, including:
- 36,000 physicians are now members of the RCP
- 57 chief registrars – future leaders of the NHS – have been recruited
- 4,000 doctors received face-to-face training from our educationalists
- 10,000 delegates came to our regional events
- 7,000 people visited our exhibitions.
Income and expenditure
In 2018 our total income rose to £43.1 million, an increase of 3% from 2017. In line with our continued investment in the RCP’s strategy, our expenditure was £45.3 million, which was level with 2017.
For a detailed description of our activities and results for 2018, please download the full report.