The RCP's Mersey regional office is based at RCP North in Liverpool and is here to support local physicians, provide educational events, administer the approval of consultant job descriptions and help develop and maintain regional networks.
- Doctors as leaders: the individual as leader - Liverpool, 30 January 2018
- Teach-in - Medicine for the elderly - Liverpool, 30 January 2018
- New Consultants Forum - Liverpool, 9 February 2018
- On-the-job teaching - Liverpool, 20 February
- Doctors as leaders: organisational leadership - Liverpool, 27 February 2018
- Workplace-based assessment - Liverpool, 2 March 2018
- Preparing for your JAG Training Day, 6 March 2018
- Update in medicine - Liverpool, 15 March 2018
- Educational supervisor workshop and accreditation - Liverpool, 19-20 March 2018
- New consultants development programme - Liverpool, 20 April 2018 to 15 June 2018
Katy Kernohan, regional manager
Tel: +44 (0)151 794 9191
Edward Rigby, deputy regional manager
Tel: +44 (0)151 794 9191
Royal College of Physicians
William Henry Duncan Building
6 West Derby Street
Office opening hours: 9am–4pm, Monday–Friday.
Regional advisers are the link between local hospital physicians and the RCP and are vital in carrying out specific duties that maintain the quality of local services. Your local regional advisers are:
Dr Mike Beadsworth
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
Dr Claire Cullen
University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool
Dr Rachael Ellks
Abacus Sexual and Reproductive Health, The Beat, Liverpool
College tutors and associate college tutors
RCP college tutors (CTs) and associate college tutors (ACTs) provide valuable and important support to the RCP, their trust and health education board by overseeing and supporting trainees through their education and training. Contact your regional office for more information.
Student and Foundation Doctor Network (SFDN) representatives
The SFDN is made up of 20 medical student and foundation doctor representatives located across the UK, plus a network chair, who act as RCP ambassadors in their regions. Contact your representative by visiting the Student and Foundation Doctor Network representatives website.
Trainees Committee (TC) representatives
The RCP Trainees Committee (TC) is comprised entirely of medical trainees, and reflects the RCP’s commitment to encouraging physicians-in-training to develop active roles in shaping the future of medicine.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with local and national issues you think TC should be aware of or that you would like more information about.
New Consultants Committee (NCC) representatives
The NCC aims to meet the interests and needs of doctors at an important stage in their career while also giving new consultants an opportunity to feed into the development of RCP policy and to contribute to its work. Contact Rhys.Owens@rcplondon.ac.uk for more information.
RCP membership benefits
As a member of the RCP you have access to a wide range of benefits to help you excel in your career, including:
- exclusive member discounts on conferences, workshops and learning tools
- a regional and international network to support you wherever you’re based
- access to our member-only video archive, where you can watch educational content from RCP events and earn CPD points
- free access to our online CPD diary, saving you £150 per year.
For more information or to join, visit Join the RCP.