The Clinical Medicine journal seeks to encourage high standards of medical care by promoting good clinical practice and influencing policy through original research and articles on topics including current issues, law and ethics.
Aimed at practising physicians in the UK and overseas, the journal assists the RCP in supporting a wide range of specialties through a dedicated continuing medical education (CME) section which presents the latest advances in a chosen specialty, with self-assessment questions at the end of each topic enabling CPD accreditation to be acquired.
In the latest issue:
- It’s hard to talk about breathlessness: Introducing a five-step guide to help engage with patients about breathlessness.
- Genomics: The potential and pitfalls of genomics technology in healthcare.
- Nudge: Changing doctor behaviour with regard to radiology requests.
- Physician engagement and morale in the workforce: Improving patient care and physician well-being.
- CME: Palliative medicine
Our commitment to the developing world
Set up by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Hinari Access to Research for Health Programme and the Programme for the Enhancement of Research Information (PERI) provide free or low-cost online access to journals across Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East. Working with these organisations, Clinical Medicine is committed to supplying non-profit institutions in developing countries with access to vital material, at greatly reduced or no cost.
Contribute to Clinical Medicine
Clinical Medicine openly invites submissions for consideration and peer review. The editor is assisted by members of the editorial board along with expert referees in the evaluation of submissions and accepted papers are scheduled for publication at the discretion of the editorial office.
Please refer to our CM Instructions for authors document for:
- examples of the type of material we publish
- guidance on formatting your paper before you submit work.
If you have any queries please email the editorial office: firstname.lastname@example.org.