Trainees are the future of our profession and the NHS, and the RCP offers resources and support across a range of areas.
- Acute care toolkit
- Helping doctors manage the winter pressures
- Supporting the acute take
- Supporting junior doctors in safe prescribing
The RCP Trainees Committee (TC) is composed entirely of medical trainees at several levels of training from each deanery across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is here to represent your views at the RCP and the organisations it interacts with.
We meet three times a year and also conduct discussions among ourselves and with RCP senior officers, including the president, vice presidents and registrar.
The TC has contributed to a number of projects, including work on acute services, shaping the future workforce and shape of training, and has organised the RCP’s first dedicated trainee conference.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @RCPL_Trainees
Training and development opportunities
Flexible portfolio training
Flexible portfolio training (FPT) is a new ST3 training scheme run by the Royal College of Physicians and Health Education England that protects 1 day a week (or 20% time equivalent) for professional development.
Policy and reports
- Being a junior doctor
- Keeping medicine brilliant
- Underfunded, underdoctored, overstrected
- Work and wellbeing in the NHS
- Hospital workforce: fit for the future?