This e-learning course will help you to understand the benefits of focusing on emotional intelligence on a personal level and how it can improve patient care in the workplace.
This course will help you to:
- understand how emotional intelligence is linked to communication skills
- understand how mastering emotional intelligence can improve patient care
- effectively evaluate the emotional intelligence of both yourself and your colleagues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should purchase this e-learning package?
- SAS doctors
- non-medical health professionals
- training grades.
Why should I buy this package?
Beyond the comprehensive learning included, the package offers a range of features:
- Interactivity: The package is interactive with engaging content and the opportunity to navigate the learning according to the needs of the user.
- Range of activities: This package includes e-lessons, key readers, videos, interactive scenarios and quizzes.
- Educational: The package has been designed in a way that optimises the learning experience and will help you develop your understanding of the topic, with both practical and theoretical knowledge.
- RCP expertise: Built, developed and tested by RCP faculty with extensive experience and expertise across different specialties and grades.
- Flexibility: This package allows you to complete the e-learning at your convenience, which allows for greater control of your time and can minimise time spent away from clinical duties.
- Mobile-optimised: The content is optimised to work on mobile browsers and portable devices.
Does this module offer CPD accreditation?
This module offers 1 external CPD credit. Please note that the entire package must be completed in order to gain CPD credits. If compulsory activities are not completed or are completed and score below the pass mark of 70%, users will not be able to claim a CPD certificate.
How much does it cost?
Non-members can buy the course for £15. RCP members get a 10% discount and pay £13.50.
What are the IT requirements?
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Safari 5 or later
- Firefox 3.5 or later
- Chrome 10 or later.
Remember to download the latest version of your browser when an update is available, and delete your internet history regularly, as this helps to avoid accessibility issues.
- PC running Windows Vista 7 or later
- Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Adobe Flash Player 6.0.79 or later.
- All content can be accessed on PCs, Macs and iPads.
- E-lessons and quizzes can now also be completed on iPads, with Mobile Safari in Apple iOS 5.0 or later.
- Please be advised that mobile browsers and operating systems can cause some inconsistency in display and therefore quizzes especially are usually best completed on a desktop for optimum interaction.
How long will I have access for?
You will have access to the package for 3 months.
I am unable to view the videos – what can I do?
Playback of multimedia content such as videos can vary, depending on your network performance and settings. In particular, some NHS trusts do not allow videos to be viewed. This e-learning package requires access to the videos in order to complete CPD activities, so those attempting to access the modules from within trusts that do not meet the IT requirements may want to access the learning from home or another computer outside the trust.
Is support available as part of the package?
A support contact is available via email and will respond to any query within 2 working days. Please email the e-learning team at email@example.com or phone +44 (0)20 3075 1422 with any queries.