'On-the-job teaching' is a 1-day workshop for doctors wishing to integrate teaching and learning into their everyday service. Combining ward rounds, on-take and outpatient teaching with patient care.
Upcoming workshop dates
- Liverpool: 2 November 2020 SOLD OUT
- London: 23 November 2020 SOLD OUT
- London: 10 December 2020
- Liverpool: 27 January 2021
- London: 16 March 2021
Early-bird discounts are available for workshops booked in advance.
For details of future workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and get early notification of dates.
What you will learn
This workshop provides practical suggestions on how to maximise learning opportunities and become a more effective teacher. By identifying techniques for teaching knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviour, you will learn how to successfully incorporate teaching sessions into all clinical commitments.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- integrate teaching and learning into everyday service provision
- increase opportunities on the ward and the proportion of time available for education
- understand how knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviour can be acquired and taught
- plan ahead, to enable on-the-job teaching to become more effective and efficient.
This workshop forms part of the RCP Educator accreditation.
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
Full rate: £290.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. Join the RCP to benefit from discounted member rates.