The 'Navigating the Portfolio Pathway' workshop offers practical advice and guidance for doctors of all specialties who are considering applying specialist registration via the portfolio pathway (previoulsy known as the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) pathway).
Upcoming Workshop dates
There are currently no scheduled dates for this course.
Future Dates: For details of future workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of dates.
Early-bird discounts are available for workshops booked in advance.
Brilliant summary of what’s needed to get through the CESR route. Can’t recommend enough
The CESR is a route to entry on to the specialist register for those doctors who have not followed an approved training programme. It was previously known as Article 14.
It focuses on the types of supporting evidence required, who to approach for a reference, as well as providing practical tips for completing the application process.
The 'Navigating the CESR route' workshop includes:
- Presentation and Q&A session on the application process from the GMC's specialist applications team
- RCP clinical teaching faculty experienced in assessing CESR applications
- Up-to-date facts and statistics on application success rates
- Guidance on supporting evidence and references.
The workshop also provides useful and practical strategies for maintaining and developing your portfolio. With focus on the value of using portfolios for professional development, using reflection, personal development plans and action plans. You will explore the importance of setting objectives and discuss setting your own objectives.
Very good – gave me a clear idea how much evidence I have now and how to start collecting other requirements
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- Understand the importance of your personal development and how to plan it
- Augment your knowledge of the CESR application process
- Identify and gather evidence required for completing a CESR application
- Identify appropriate referees to support a CESR application
- Gain practical tips on completing a CESR application
- Develop and manage an individual portfolio
- Appreciate the overlap between CESR and revalidation.
Who should apply?
This intensive one day course is aimed primarily at internationally trained doctors who have recently arrived to work in the UK and are embarking on the CESR route. We have other new courses coming for those who are either UK trained or internationally trained who have been working in the UK for some years, click here for details.
- Full rate: £290
Please email email@example.com to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of when future dates are LIVE for booking.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.