This half-day workshop (9:30am to 1:00pm) is tailored to the needs of all physician associates, regardless of specialty, who work in clinical teams.
The ever-changing nature and demand of the healthcare workforce can present a challenge to effective teamwork, development and most importantly patient care. Physician associates are well placed to recognise and positively influence these challenges, for example when there is regular turnover of staff. This workshop will explore your current team structure and function, and suggest how you can maximise its performance.
By identifying different theories and methods, including leadership styles, we aim to equip you with practical ideas to utilise in your own workplace.
- explore different approaches to team development and sustainability
- identify your role in developing an effective team
- describe methods of maintaining an effective clinical team, and recognise when they are not effective
- identify different strategies for leadership
- recognise a leadership style to use in your workplace.
- an introduction to the principles of team development and sustainability
- leadership styles
- how to adapt your own style to the demands of your environment
- how to maximise your potential in the workplace.
Upcoming workshop dates
Future Dates: For details of future workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of dates.
To discuss commissioning this workshop as in-house training for your trust, please contact Oliver Cullen by phone on +44(0)20 3075 1555 or by email at email@example.com.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.