This interactive 1-day workshop has been designed to increase knowledge and understanding of quality improvement (QI) in the healthcare setting. The course will cover techniqes/methodology, and enable consultants to best involve and support their trainees in QI.
Upcoming workshop dates:
The key to the Francis Report is improving the quality of clinical care delivered in the NHS, which must be achieved as we try to reconcile increasing demand, new and more expensive treatments, and the financial constraints. To achieve quality improvements requires system changes, however, making changes to even one small part of a complex system can be daunting.
Our interactive 1-day workshop has been designed specifically to enable consultants from any specialty to identify learning opportunities relating to quality improvement to support and guide their trainees. It will provide practical examples and strategies which can be immediately implemented in the workplace.
This course will enable consultants to:
- define the nature and purpose of quality improvement
- develop understanding of the essential knowledge and skills for quality improvement
- support trainees to develop basic knowledge and skills to improve the quality of patient care
- support and/or lead improvement teams
- help trainees to implement quality improvements in practice.
Who should attend?
This course is open to consultants of all specialties.
- Full rate: £290
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. To benefit from discounted RCP member delegate rates at conferences, training and events, find out how you can join the RCP.