This workshop is aimed at supervisors who would like information, guidance and support to be able to recognise and support trainees who are underperforming.
Upcoming Workshop dates
There are currently no scheduled dates for this course.
Future Dates: For details of future workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of dates.
Excellent workshop. Very informative and thought provoking. I would recommend to all educational supervisors.
During this programme we focus on realistic case studies. We discuss how to recognise the early warning signs of a trainee getting into difficulty, and consider a range of strategies to help trainees address their weaknesses and improve their performance. We also provide guidance to help prevent disputes and misunderstandings from developing.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- recognise the early warning signs of a trainee getting into difficulty
- identify what early steps to take and who to contact about concerns
- describe the legal and employment framework within which they will be operating
- recognise the roles and responsibilities of relevant supporting bodies
- identify what help is available to support underperforming trainees
- describe the factors that help to prevent disputes and misunderstandings.
Practical approach to dealing with underperforming trainees. I feel much better equipped now to identify underperforming trainees at every stage and intervene appropriately.
Who should attend
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
For details of future workshops, please email email@example.com to register on the Course Demand List for early notification of dates.
Membership and early-bird discounts are available. More information on becoming a member, and benefits from discounted RCP members delegate rates at conferences, training and events, are available.