The European School of Internal Medicine (ESIM) offers specialist registrars the opportunity to meet their peers from around Europe and beyond.
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is offering a bursary to the Winter 2020 school – covering the cost of registration fees, accommodation and travel. The course will take place in Levi, Kittilä, Finland from Sunday 19th January 2020 to Saturday, 25th January 2020.
- Applicants will be in their final or penultimate year of specialty training in acute or internal medicine, and be a subscribing member of RCP London [post nominal MRCP(London)].
- In order to gain the most from the school and foster new relationships with like-minded individuals, applicants must be available to attend and actively participate for the entire week of the course, join meals with their peers and reside in the allocated accommodation.
- Residency and attendance of the school is for the selected applicant only.
- The successful candidate will be asked to produce a short article on their experience for a future issue of Commentary.
- As a representative of the Royal College of Physicians the successful candidate will be expected to act professionally and responsibly at all times.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to Dr Shirley Rigby at the Royal College of Physicians, c/o Alison Shore: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information please contact Dr Shirley Rigby by email at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midnight 11 October 2019.
Activities at ESIM
In addition to an interesting and challenging scientific programme, ESIM also provides a series of social activities. To find out more, read interviews, presentations and details from the 2019 ESIM summer course which can be found in the October 2019 issue of Commentary.
About the MRCP
The MRCP(UK) examination is known as the membership exam which, in turn, qualifies you for RCP collegiate membership. This involves a subscription payment but includes benefits that can support your professional life, including the additional post-nominal MRCP (London). This is a requirement to have, as stipulated in the bursary conditions.