Commentary is the membership magazine of the RCP, delivering authoritative insight and opinion across a diverse range of subjects – including political developments in the health sector and medical history.
In the latest issue
- Interview with Dame Sally Davies – The outgoing chief medical officer reflects on her time in the role and the role of the CMO in influencing public and preventative health.
- Fighting fatigue with caffeinated naps – An interesting pilot study into combatting the effects of fatigue during the night shift.
- How do guidelines get made? – The RCP's National Guideline Centre is commissioned by NICE to create clinical guidelines. What is involved in this process, and what are the steps in creating a guideline?
- Patients with visual impairment – Any consultant's list will invariably include patients with limited vision, but is the NHS doing all it can to meet the needs of these patients?
- Doctors in the Sudan – The role of physicians in Sudan, and their influence in the ongoing political upheaval in the country.
- Introducing youth work into the hospital setting – An interview with the King's Adolescent Outreach Service, improving care for young people on inpatient wards.
October's magazine also includes news about the RCP, including an update about our new building in Liverpool RCP at The Spine, the new RCP vice president for Wales, and celebrating 25 years of the Joint Advisory Group on gastrointestinal endoscopy.
Advertising in Commentary
For information about advertising in the RCP’s publications – both in print and online – including pricing and production schedules, please see our rate card.