The Federation of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK and the Association of Cancer Physicians are seeking to appoint a member of the Medical Oncology SCE Board.
The successful applicant will assist the Chair and Medical Secretary in the running of the SCE to ensure that all academic objectives and standards set by the General Medical Council are met; attend annual meetings of the Board, convened to set examination papers; review candidate performance in the most recent diet; assist with the development of the SCE; act on the advice of the MRCP(UK) Management Board and Examining Boards on policy and academic matters relating to the Examinations; and support MRCP(UK) Central Office on the delivery of the Examinations.
A full list of the post’s responsibilities is set out in: The Responsibilities and Duties of Members of the Part 1, Part 2 and Speciality Certificate Examining Boards. In addition a copy of the remit and responsibilities of the examining board can be found on the MRCP(UK) Website.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- hold the MRCP(UK) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma
- be practicing as a specialist in Medical Oncology, and a member or fellow of one of the three Colleges
- be registered with a license to practice and in good standing on the GMC specialist register
- be actively engaged in the training of junior doctors in the UK (or within the last 2-years)
- be up-to-date as appropriate with relevant national guidelines, CPD requirements, employer’s equality and diversity training and appraisal process
This is a non-salaried position though all reasonable expenses and travel costs will be met by MRCP(UK) Central Office in line with the Federation expenses policy.
The tenure of board appointments is 5-years. Attendance at meetings is monitored and members may be asked to step down if they fail to attend regularly
Applications for the post, including a CV and one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the post should be submitted to Ben Gillon (email@example.com) by 11 December 2015. All applications will be considered by a panel consisting of the Chair and representatives of the Examining Board.
The next Medical Oncology Examination Board is on 18-19 January 2016 and the successful applicant will be required to attend.