RCP Global is seeking applications from fellows across Europe to join its team of over 60 international advisers.
International advisers (IAs) are fellows of the RCP and act as our local representatives around the world. They engage with members and fellows and help to identify opportunities for RCP activity.
They provide advice and guidance on a range of professional, postgraduate education and training; cultural and political issues; and give insight into health systems and local epidemiology.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing and enthusiastic team as an IA – we currently have a cohort of over 60 IAs from across the world. Together, the newly appointed IAs will work closely with the Global vice president, associate global director for Europe Dr Tómas Thór Ágústsson and members and fellows to identify opportunities for RCP activity, build networks and projects.
Key responsibilities of an IA include:
- participation in the anonymised review and scoring of fellowship applications, sitting on the RCP fellowship panel for Europe
- engaging with members and fellows locally and regionally
- representing the RCP and promoting its values locally and regionally
- advising the RCP on issues of importance to members and fellows in their region
- advising the RCP about relevant local opportunities and issues, particularly as they affect medical education and the practice of medicine.
We’re currently recruiting for IAs from the whole of Europe to represent countries within the following regions:
- West Europe
- South and Mediterranean Europe
- Scandinavia and the Baltic countries
- Central and East Europe.
Candidates interested in applying should be a fellow of the RCP and located within the region in which they are applying to represent. Please note that IA roles are voluntary and are for a 3-year term with annual review.
To apply, please review the role description and submit an up-to-date CV (four pages maximum) and an expression of interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 17 September.