The RCP is currently seeking two RCP fellows and one trainee with an interest in general internal medicine (GIM) to be members of the GIM advisory committee. Membership will be comprised of five RCP fellows and one trainee, as well as senior representatives of the RCP and a representative of the RCP Patient and Carer Network.
The RCP established the General Internal Medicine (GIM) Advisory Committee to:
- promote and support the development of GIM as a specialty
- foster and integrate GIM with existing and future RCP activity
- advise on other international GIM curriculae and their relevance to UK medicine.
Work of the GIM Advisory Committee will include:
- workforce and training
- setting national standards and agreeing joint guidelines and policy statements
- continuing professional development
- advice to RCP, or other working parties including but not exclusively Future Hospital Programme and Patient Safety Committee
- providing RCP with responses to consultations and requests for nominations
- any other specific matter of particular relevance to GIM.
The committee will meet twice per year and the first meeting is planned for early 2017.
Applying for the role
Please forward a current CV and a short statement (one side of A4) of your interest in this opportunity, highlighting how you would be able to contribute. This should be sent to Dr Andrew Goddard, RCP registrar, c/o the committee manager, Elaine.Storey@rcplondon.ac.uk by Friday, 24 February 2017.
Please ensure you have agreement from your trust for the requisite time off. More information on this can be found in the attached guidance.
The Royal College of Physicians welcomes and actively seeks to recruit to its activities people of any race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, age, gender and sexual orientation.