Two RCP fellows are sought to be representatives of the RCP at the Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM) Committee.
The RCP recognises the beneficial effect of physical activity in health promotion and in the management of a wide range of illnesses. Membership of the SEM Committee includes representatives from the RCP, the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSEM), other royal colleges, senior and junior consultants and a trainee representative. Members serve for up to four years.
Current SEM Committee discussion topics include:
- exposure of all medical specialties to the Moving medicine Project
- registration of exercise professionals able to deliver interventions
- service and workforce issues.
Other work of the SEM Committee includes:
- responding to consultation requests
- making proposals for RCP conferences
- suggesting names for RCP lectureships
- involvement with other relevant committees.
Applying for the roles
Please forward a current CV and a short (one side of A4) statement of your interest in this opportunity, highlighting how you would be able to contribute.
This should be sent to Professor Donal O’Donoghue, RCP registrar, c/o the committee manager, Elaine Storey Elaine.Storey@rcplondon.ac.uk by Friday 17 January 2020.
Please ensure you have agreement from your trust for the requisite time off ‒ see Guidance on time off for RCP duties and the committee’s terms of reference.
The RCP welcomes and actively seeks to recruit to its activities people of any race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, age, gender and sexual orientation.