The RCP is looking to appoint a lay chair of trustees.
About the RCP
Founded by royal charter in 1518 the RCP is a registered charity that seeks to:
- Provide the highest standards of patient care at all times.
- Train, develop and support doctors and other healthcare professionals at all career stages.
- Lead by developing, influencing, and sustaining high-quality healthcare.
- Promote good health and prevent ill-health across society.
About the role
In a programme of continuous modernisation and recognising best practice, the RCP now seeks to appoint a lay chair to its Board of Trustees. Having experience as a senior trustee and strategic leader the post-holder will be required to:
- Support the RCP’s strategic ambitions to make a positive difference for its membership and in turn patient care, acting as a critical friend to the president and chief executive.
- Steward the RCP’s resources wisely and carefully, and understand the risks and opportunities that present themselves.
- Be an exceptional influencer, able to coach and support executives to continually build the RCP’s profile.
- Be a guardian of the RCP’s organisational values, demonstrating high standards of behaviour and attitude.
For a full role description, information pack and application process please contact Louise Sadler by email on email@example.com or phone at +44 (0) 20 3075 1260.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 13 May 2019
- Interview date: Thursday 23 May 2019
The RCP welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds.