The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) invites applications from subscribing fellows for the role of RCP lead fellow on social care, to take up office in summer 2020 for a 3-year term of office.
About the role
We have created this role due to the growing need to make sure social care provision in the UK is sustainable. The lead fellow will help us demonstrate and explain the impact of inadequate provision for social care on hospitals and those who work in them.
The lead fellow will:
- help us develop our social care policy and projects
- represent the RCP at meetings of the Health for Care coalition, and other meetings and events
- speak to the press about social care on behalf of the RCP.
Reporting to the president and working closely with the clinical vice president, the lead fellow will be supported by our Communications, Policy and Research team. They will make sure the senior officer team and RCP Council are kept informed of progress and developments.
This is an exciting time to be involved in the work of the RCP, with a new strategy being developed during 2020 and the ongoing development of our major new base in Liverpool.
This is a voluntary role and we anticipate a time commitment of 6–10 hours per month.
The successful candidate will:
- be a fellow of the RCP in good standing
- have an understanding of social care in the UK, and how it interacts with primary, secondary and community care
- be solutions-oriented, with the energy and drive to bring about positive change
- be an excellent communicator, with the ability to build strong relationships and influence at a senior level with both clinicians and non-clinicians
- be willing to travel in the UK.
Please note that this is a voluntary role. We will reimburse all necessary and reasonable expenses in line with our expenses policy.
How to apply
If you would like to discuss the role prior to applying please contact the head of policy and campaigns, Dan Sumners, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return applications in the form of a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 11.59pm on Sunday 8 March 2020.
The provisional date for interviews is Wednesday 1 April 2020.
The Royal College of Physicians welcomes and actively seeks to recruit people to its activities regardless of race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, age, gender and sexual orientation. The RCP aims to reflect the diversity of its members in all its committees, senior roles and staff. We are looking to create a diverse officer team and would be able to accept flexible working arrangements.