The Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK is seeking to appoint a new medical secretary for the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Clinical Examining Board.
The successful applicant will:
- support the associate medical director for clinical examinations in running the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Clinical Examination to ensure that all academic objectives and standards set by the General Medical Council (GMC) are met
- be responsible for the production and accuracy of all documentary and regulatory matters relating to the examination
- assist the chair in advising on policy and academic matters relating to the examination
- support MRCP(UK) central office and the college examination departments in the development and delivery of the examination.
A full list of the post’s responsibilities is available to download at the bottom of the page.
The tenure of board appointments is initially 5 years. This is a non-salaried position but all reasonable expenses and travel costs will be met in line with the expenses policy.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- hold the MRCP(UK) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma
- be a member or fellow of one of the three colleges, and be registered and in good standing with the GMC
- be actively engaged in the training of junior doctors within the last 2 years
- be up-to-date as appropriate with relevant national guidelines, CPD requirements, employer’s equality, and diversity training and appraisal process.
How to apply
Applications for the post, including a CV and a one-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the post, should be emailed to Rachel Stephenson at the following address: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 15 September 2016. Interviews will take place on Thursday 29 September.
Further information is available on the MRCP(UK) website.