The Northern region's annual conference for physicians of all grades who participate in the acute medical take.
This popular conference will cover common clinical conditions which present particular challenges on the acute medical take. The interactive programme has been developed using feedback from past conferences to ensure it meets the needs of delegates.
Topics will include:
- acute asthma
- how rheumatology patients might present in AMU and how to manage them
- acute management of cholestatic LFTs
- arrhythmias for the acute physician
- epilepsy - how to manage seizures
- enhanced physical examination with PoCUS in acute medicine - expensive toy or essential skill?
- older people's trauma in the medical assessment unit
- simulation scenarios and training for the acute physician.
The full programme is now available below for download.
When and where
Tuesday 17 March 2020 in the Meetings and Events Building, Centre for Life, Times Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4EP.