This 1-day workshop focuses on the nature and purpose of appraisal and how it links directly to revalidation, and is designed to meet the needs of consultants and SAS doctors who are taking part in the appraisal process, either as appraisers or appraisees.
What you will learn
Delegates will identify the supporting information and evidence that they will require for peer appraisal. They will have the opportunity to practise appraisal skills as well as analysing and developing effective strategies for challenges which may present during appraisal.
By the end of this workshop, doctors will be able to:
- understand the nature and purpose of appraisal and the link with revalidation
- provide feedback in ways in which a colleague can accept, and can act upon
- help colleagues develop strategies and targets for continuing professional development
- recognise and deal with the difficulties presented by appraisal for revalidation.
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
8 November 2019 09:30 to 8 October 2019 16:00