This 1-day communication skills workshop is designed to enhance communication skills with colleagues, patients and teams.
Good communication plays an important role in every doctor’s day-to-day work and is a key competency in specialty curricula. The workshop will cover the following areas:
- effective communication skills – what they are and why they are important
- body language and using it to enhance your message
- barriers to effective communication
- active listening and getting the most out of all your interactions
- models for doctor-patient communication
- improving communication in your team(s).
Useful reflection on the issues around communication with patients and in teams. The group activities were well pitched and enjoyable.
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- all grades welcome
- particularly useful for anyone preparing for their PACES exam
- recommended for any doctor in a supervisory role.
Why attend this course?
As a core competency in the generic curricula and an important part of the appraisal process, it is essential for all doctors to maintain and develop their communication skills.
Communication skills workshop
29 April 2019 09:30 to 16:00