Whilst many doctors have inherent leadership skills, not all doctors have been equipped to lead, and doctors in consultant posts face particular challenges. This 'Individual as leader' workshop will allow participants to examine their own individual leadership styles and explore ways of dealing with the demands of life as a consultant in the NHS, and can be attended as a stand-alone workshop, or as part of the Doctors as leaders accreditation.
Topics will include:
- how to survive as a consultant in the NHS today
- emotional intelligence – understanding yourself, and others
- leadership styles - identifying effective leadership strategies for yourself
- seeking and responding to feedback – maximising opportunities through appraisal
- problem solving – finding solutions to day-to-day challenges.
Very motivating, helped me to identify where the areas are that I’m strong and will help me think about areas to improve, particularly considering the ‘emotional intelligence’ factors
Who should attend?
This workshop is primarily aimed at new consultants, SAS doctors and senior trainees. However, more senior consultants will also benefit from the issues covered.
Individual as Leader
25 April 2016 09:30 to 16:00