This interactive workshop will allow participants to examine their own individual leadership styles and explore ways of dealing with the demands of life as a consultant in the NHS.
It can be attended as a stand-alone workshop, or as part of the 'Doctors as leaders'accreditation.
What will I learn?
- how to survive as a consultant in the NHS today
- emotional intelligence – understanding yourself, and others
- leadership styles – identifying effective leadership strategies for yourself
- seeking and responding to feedback – maximising opportunities through appraisal
- problem solving – finding solutions to day-to-day challenges.
I have thoroughly enjoyed and benefitted from the day. I leave confident that I have made a start in being a more effective leader.
Who should attend?
This workshop is primarily aimed at:
- new consultants
- SAS doctors
- senior trainees.
Senior consultants will also benefit from the issues covered.
Doctors as leaders: the individual as leader
26 June 2019 09:30 to 16:00