Whilst many doctors have inherent leadership skills, not all doctors have been equipped to lead, and doctors in consultant posts face particular challenges. Organisational leadership is a 1-day workshop to enable doctors to explore the theory and practice of team leadership and organisational change.
It can be attended as a stand-alone workshop, or as part of the 'Doctors as leaders'accreditation.
Topics will include:
- defining the nature and purpose of leadership
- effective team working – leadership and team dynamics
- understanding the culture of your organisation
- how to work across organisational boundaries – engaging effectively with others
- leading and managing organisational change.
Useful discussions, particularly since group was diverse in terms of specialties and seniority. Well pitched theory applied to practice.
Who should attend?
This workshop is primarily aimed at new consultants, SAS doctors and senior trainees. However, more senior consultants will also benefit from the issues covered.
Organisational leadership workshop
8 October 2019 09:30 to 16:00