Whilst many doctors have inherent leadership skills, not all doctors have been equipped to lead, and doctors in consultant posts face particular challenges. Organisational leadership is a 1-day workshop to enable doctors to explore the theory and practice of team leadership and organisational change, and it can be attended as a stand-alone workshop, or as part of the Doctors as leaders accreditation.
Topics will include:
- defining the nature and purpose of leadership
- effective team working – leadership and team dynamics
- understanding the culture of your organisation
- how to work across organisational boundaries – engaging effectively with others
- leading and managing organisational change.
This workshop will improve my leadership potential and help with my future role as a consultant, also an insight into what to expect and how to manage a situation.
Who should attend?
This workshop is primarily aimed at new consultants, SAS doctors and senior trainees. However, more senior consultants will also benefit from the issues covered.
16 May 2016 09:30 to 16:00