Educational supervisors are responsible for the overall supervision and management of a trainee’s educational progress. This 2-day workshop addresses the seven areas of the Academy of Medical Educators’ Framework for the Professional Development of Postgraduate Medical Supervisors, and the General Medical Council (GMC) standards for the recognition and approval of trainers.
- essential knowledge and skills for an educational supervisor
- how to make best use of the curriculum and eportfolio to support your trainees
- objective setting — helping your trainees to set clear goals
- the effective appraisal process
- giving effective feedback to trainees
- supporting underperforming trainees
- role of the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) and supervisor’s report.
It has been a pleasure to attend such a well organised and well delivered event which help me learn new skills and up date my existing ones
RCP educational supervisor accreditation
Included in the price of this course is the option to complete the RCP educational supervisor accreditation, comprising a 1000-1500 word assignment which, once completed, will give you formal recognition as an RCP accredited educational supervisor.
Further details of the assignment will be provided during the workshop.
Very useful course and provided insight into aspects of supervision that I hadn’t previously thought about
Who should attend?
Educational supervisors from any specialty or doctors who will become educational supervisors in the near future.
Day 1 - 07 February 2023
7 February 2023 09:30 to 16:00
Day 2 - 08 February 2023
8 February 2023 09:30 to 16:00