Educational supervisors are responsible for the overall supervision and management of a trainee’s educational progress. This 2-day workshop addresses the seven areas of the Academy of Medical Educators’ Framework for the Professional Development of Postgraduate Medical Supervisors, and the General Medical Council (GMC) standards for the recognition and approval of trainers.
What will you learn on the Workshop?
- essential knowledge and skills for an educational supervisor
- how to make best use of the curriculum and eportfolio to support your trainees
- objective setting — helping your trainees to set clear goals
- the effective appraisal process
- giving effective feedback to trainees
- supporting underperforming trainees
- role of the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) and supervisor’s report.
It has been a pleasure to attend such a well organised and well delivered event which help me learn new skills and up date my existing ones.
RCP educational supervisor accreditation
Included in the price of this course is the option to complete the RCP educational supervisor accreditation, comprising a 1000-word assignment which, once completed, will give you formal recognition as an RCP accredited educational supervisor.
Further details of the assignment will be provided during the workshop.
Very useful course and provided insight into aspects of supervision that I hadn’t previously thought about.
Who should attend?
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
This course is suitable for doctors who are supervising trainees of any grade and specialty, or for those who are soon to become educational supervisors.
Day 1 - 18 April 2023
18 April 2023 09:30 to 16:00
Day 2 - 19 April 2023
19 April 2023 09:30 to 16:00