Educational supervisors are responsible for the overall supervision and management of a trainee’s educational progress. This 2-day workshop addresses the seven areas of the Academy of Medical Educators’ Framework for the Professional Development of Postgraduate Medical Supervisors, and the General Medical Council (GMC) standards for the recognition and approval of trainers.
What you will learn
Educational supervisors are responsible for the overall supervision and management of a trainee’s educational progress. To support them, this workshop includes:
- essential knowledge and skills for an educational supervisor
- how to make best use of the curriculum and e-portfolio to support your trainees
- objective setting – helping your trainees to set clear goals
- the effective appraisal process
- giving effective feedback to trainees
- supporting underperforming trainees
- role of the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) and supervisor’s report.
Excellent, most especially because it was presented from a clinical point of view.
RCP educational supervisor accreditation
Included in the price of this course is the option to complete the RCP educational supervisor accreditation, comprising a 1000-word assignment which, once completed, will give you formal recognition as an RCP accredited educational supervisor.
Further details of the assignment will be provided during the workshop.
Fantastic, tangible and objective course with great practical opportunities.
Who should attend?
Educational supervisors from any specialty or doctors who will become educational supervisors in the near future.
17 July 2019 09:30 to 16:00
16 July 2019 09:30 to 16:00