This Effective teaching skills workshop helps doctors improve the ways in which they approach, design and deliver teaching sessions in a range of different contexts.
What you will learn
Teaching skills can be improved by developing key aspects of your practice, including preparation, choosing appropriate teaching methods, and utilising appropriate assessment. These and other aspects of effective teaching practice will be explored theoretically and practically on this 2-day workshop, which will also include tips on how to deal with difficult learners.
This course was extremely relevant and helpful! It will have a big impact on my current teaching style and learners' experiences.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to
- develop an effective educational environment and help trainees learn within that environment
- write objectives for a teaching session
- design and use a session plan
- recognise the advantages and disadvantages of large and small group teaching and identify how to maximise interaction and learning in both
- discuss good practice in teaching and learning evaluation
- plan and undertake an evaluation of a teaching session.
This workshop forms part of the ‘RCP educator’ accreditation.
10 May 2021 09:30 to 16:00
11 May 2021 09:30 to 16:00