This 1-day 'On-the-job teaching' workshop is for doctors who wish to integrate teaching and learning into their everyday service, combining ward rounds, on-take and outpatient teaching with patient care.
Finding the time and opportunity to teach effectively can be difficult within a busy hospital environment. This workshop provides practical suggestions on how to maximise learning opportunities and become a more effective teacher.
By identifying techniques for teaching knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviour, we will examine how to successfully incorporate teaching sessions into all clinical commitments.
Highly relevant course; good material and excellent presenters. Looking forward to employing these new skills in the Emergency Department on my next shift.
- integrate teaching and learning into everyday service provision
- increase opportunities on the ward and the proportion of time available for education
- understand how knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviour can be acquired and taught
- plan ahead to enable on-the-job teaching to become more effective and efficient.
Who should attend?
This is a popular workshop suitable for doctors of all grades and specialties.
This workshop forms part of the RCP Educator accreditation.
- all specialties
- consultants and final-year trainees.
2 November 2023 10:00 to 16:00