The RCP’s annual conference 2017 for fellows and members will be the year's flagship event for hospital doctors. Providing high-quality education and professional development, the annual conference will present cutting-edge research and showcase leading speakers.
RCP members and fellows can watch live-streamed plenary sessions through our video archive.
Or watch a selection of interviews and features supporting the conference, below.
Find out what is happening at Medicine 2017: RCP annual conference. Please note that this is a draft programme and timings are subject to change.
Why should you attend?
- participate in up to 12 hours of educational sessions built from member suggestions and designed to help you in your day-to-day job
- go to lectures and take part in debates, workshops and more clinical sessions than ever
- hear leading speakers – including clinicians, healthcare leaders, politicians and academics
- learn from the latest cutting-edge research, peer case studies, presentations and real life experiences
- play a part in influencing the healthcare agenda and help to inform the RCP’s work
- network with your colleagues and leading players from the field
- visit the exhibition and discover the latest products, innovations and services that can help you in your role
- gain up to 12 CPD credits.
You can now book your place for the annual conference dinner at the end of the first day of Medicine 2017. Network in a relaxed setting, catch up with old friends and new, and help us celebrate the profession's achievements.
The winners of the RCP Excellence in Patient Care Awards will also be announced at the dinner.
Annual conference delegates can attend the dinner for a discounted fee of £75 – this can be added by selecting 'book another' when booking your conference place. Alternatively, you can book via the conference dinner page where you will also find more information about the evening.
We are pleased to present a new event application for physicians, an exclusive digital platform now available to our annual conference delegates.
Ultrasound at the front door – a practical course
For the first time, the Royal College of Physicians will be offering practical courses on the use of ultrasound in the assessment and management of the acutely unwell patient, in association with the Society for Acute Medicine.
Attendance at these courses is on a first-come, first-served basis. Places must be booked via the Ultrasound at the front door information page.
Accommodation and travel
Please visit our accommodation and travel page for help with organising your visit to Medicine 2017 and take advantage of specially negotiated accommodation rates.
Watch sessions from Medicine 2016
A selection of sessions are available for fellows and members in the RCP video archive. Watch keynote talks from Professor Sir Michael Marmot and Professor Don Berwick.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
We would also like to thank the following exhibitors:
- British Pharmacological Society
- Coyle Personnel
- Faculty of Physician Associates
- Grünenthal Ltd
- HEE Genomics
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Myotonic Dystrophy Support Group
- New Care Models Programme (NHS England)
- Newcastle University
- Orla Healthcare
- Professional Role Players
- Royal Air Force
- Royal Medical Benevolent Fund
- Society for Acute Medicine
- Templars Medical Agency
- Unite Medical
WebsEdge – Inaugural RCP TV broadcast to feature at Medicine 2017 annual conference
2017 conference times
Thursday 16 March 2017
16 March 2017 08:00 to 18:30
Friday 17 March 2017
17 March 2017 08:00 to 16:30