This 1-day Mentoring skills workshop has been developed to support healthcare professionals who are already in mentoring positions, as well as those preparing to take on such a role. It will give attendees an opportunity to explore the role of a mentor, as well as ideas and models that you will be able to put into immediate practice.
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- identify the role of a mentor
- outline the basic structure of a successful mentoring relationship
- use appropriate techniques, including objective setting and reviewing, to establish and sustain an effective mentoring relationship
- recognise the ethical dilemmas that can arise in mentoring relationships
- reflect on your own personal development needs as a mentor
Who should attend?
Doctors of all specialties and grades, and allied health professionals, who are interested in taking on a mentoring role in their workplace, or who already have mentoring responsibilities and would like to improve their practice
Mentoring skills workshop
22 January 2021 09:30 to 16:00