On 30 September and 1 October, a teaching delegation from the Royal College of Physicians, will deliver an intensive 2-day MRCP (UK) PACES training course and mock exam in partnership with Sunway Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
This course will provide attendees with the opportunity to reflect on the importance of effective doctor-patient communication, before participating in a range of workshops on topics including breaking bad news and active listening. Courses are highly interactive, with learning achieved through a combination of role play, observation and small group work.
What you will learn
The courses may be of particular interest to doctors preparing to take the MRCP(UK) PACES examination, as attendees will:
- receive detailed feedback on their communication skills
- participate in a range of simulated communication and ethics scenarios, all using strict PACES timings
- attend a variety of plenary sessions and practical demonstrations led by past examiners.
How to register
Participants will need to attend the teaching sessions on Monday 30 September and Tuesday 1 October 2019 (09:00-17.45) at Sunway Medical Centre in Kuala Lumpur.
Participants have the option to:
- Attend as a candidate: RM2,300 (GBP 460) limited to 15 places
- Attend as an observer: RM1,700 (GBP 340) limited to 10 places
Please regsiter your attendance for the PACES course via https://www.sunwaymedical.com/community-happenings/mrcp-paces-preparatory-course-mock-examination