Visit the Royal College of Physicians Museum after hours until 8pm on the first Thursday of the month. Explore exhibitions, art, medical collections and more than 500 years of history at England's oldest medical college.
Discover our collections, featuring everything from artworks by Sir Joshua Reynolds, Sir Thomas Lawrence and Dame Elisabeth Frink, to scarce anatomical preparations and extraordinary medical instruments, all housed in a grade 1 listed ‘modernist masterpiece’ designed by acclaimed architect Sir Denys Lasdun. See free temporary exhibitions from our award winning team, and join a curator-led tour.
On Thursday 4 July, visit the new exhibition 'Catch your breath' and join a free guided tour. Researchers from our exhibition partner, Life of Breath will also be facilitating drop-in workshops in the 2nd floor Library reading room.
6pm: Exhibition tour (approx 30mins)
Drop-in workshops TBC
Drop-in, booking not required for individual workshops in addition to general admission ticket.
Explore our collections on display around the building:
- priceless portraits and silver displayed throughout the building
- medical rarities such as the Symons collection of self-care instruments and medical apparatus, the Hoffbrand collection of apothecary jars and the Prujean chest of surgical tools from the era of the English Civil War
- a remarkable set of 17th-century human remains, providing a fascinating insight into dissection and discovery in anatomy
- regular displays from our archive and rare books collections
- a changing programme of acclaimed temporary exhibitions