This workshop offers practical advice and guidance for SAS doctors applying for a Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR). It focuses on the types of supporting evidence required, who to approach for a reference, as well as providing practical tips for completing the application process.
- presentation and Q&A session on the application process from the GMC's specialist applications team
- RCP clinical teaching faculty experienced in assessing CESR applications
- up-to-date facts and statistics on application success rates
- guidance on supporting evidence and references.
It was an excellent course and provided me with a good understanding of the evidence needed to complete the CESR application.
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- appreciate the importance of your personal development and how to plan it
- identify and gather evidence required for completing a CESR application
- identify appropriate referees to support a CESR application
- gain practical tips on completing a CESR application
- develop and manage an individual portfolio.
Who should attend?
SAS doctors who are interested in applying for a Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
Before this course, I felt like I was the only person in this position. Brilliant summary of what’s needed to get through the CESR route. Can’t recommend enough
Navigating the CESR route
3 June 2020 09:30 to 16:00