Delivered online as two half-day workshops in a virtual classroom, the PA supervision workshops will give learners time to assimilate the skills, knowledge and behaviours discussed in workshop 1 into their practice which can then be further explored in workshop 2. The half day workshops will run from 9:30am to 12:30pm and from 1:30pm to 5:00pm.
The training will be facilitated by a member of RCP clinical faculty; a senior consultant or PA with expertise in the field of supervision alongside an RCP educationalist who brings educational expertise.
Workshop 1: principles of supervision
- list the qualities of an effective supervisor
- describe the features of an effective appraisal meeting
- explain how to deliver constructive and supportive feedback
- recognise the importance of setting SMART targets to enable progression
- recognise the signs and symptoms of supervisees requiring additional support
- explain – and apply – some strategies to support supervisees requiring additional support.
Suitable for senior or lead PAs tasked with providing ‘educational supervision’ to junior PAs; other AHPs with supervisory responsibilities for PAs.
The half-day workshops will run at least twice a year with both workshops in one day, either side of the HS financial year-end to ensure that PAs can get suitable funding and study leave if needed.
Each half-day workshop will cost £150, with early bird and member discount available. PAs will have the option of attending the 2 x half days at different times to make study leave and funding possible in all cases.
Register your interest for upcoming dates by emailing email@example.com.
PA supervision workshops - Workshop 1: principles of supervision - 18 November (AM) - ONLINE
18 November 2022 09:30 to 12:30