This interactive workshop is designed to help supervisors of PAs understand the specific supervision requirements of this new healthcare professional.
By discussing different theories and methods, including models of supervision, documentation requirements and governance, this workshops aims to equip you with practical ideas to utilise in your own workplace.
- the educational needs of a physician associate, including the principle of life-long learning
- how a PA’s educational and supportive needs change with time and are different to the doctors who you may also supervise
- the main models of supervision with regard to PAs and how to use these to improve workforce retention
- governance surrounding PAs and the groundwork needed pre-employment
To be able to:
- work with a PA to create a job plan suitable for their and your needs
- construct and format a meeting with a PA and complete FPA documentation for appraisal
- identify difficult times in their career and how to recognise, manage and support a PA in difficulty
- empower a PA to lead the supervision process
Physician Associate Supervisor training - London
16 December 2019 09:30 to 16:00