This half-day workshop is tailored to the needs of all physician associates, regardless of specialty, who work in clinical teams.
The ever-changing nature and demand of the healthcare workforce can present a challenge to effective teamwork, development and most importantly patient care. Physician associates are well placed to recognise and positively influence these challenges, for example when there is regular turnover of staff. This workshop will explore your current team structure and function, and suggest how you can maximise its performance.
By identifying different theories and methods, including leadership styles, we aim to equip you with practical ideas to utilise in your own workplace.
- explore different approaches to team development and sustainability
- identify your role in developing an effective team
- describe methods of maintaining an effective clinical team, and recognise when they are not effective
- identify different strategies for leadership
- recognise a leadership style to use in your workplace.
Facilitators were great and was particularly useful to have a senior doctor involved who was very open and experienced in working in variable teams.
- an introduction to the principles of team development and sustainability
- leadership styles
- how to adapt your own style to the demands of your environment
- how to maximise your potential in the workplace.
Dual workshop booking discount
A dual workshop booking discount is available if you also wish to attend the Physician associates: teaching in the clinical setting workshop that is being delivered on the same day (1:30pm–5pm).
Physician associates: working and leading in teams
10 May 2019 09:30 to 13:00