The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) has developed the PROMISE course to support doctors who have recently started working in the UK, or who plan to apply for an NHS post in the near future.
The transition to working in the NHS can be challenging for doctors from outside the UK. You will be practising in a completely new working environment while adjusting to an unfamiliar training pathway and management structure.
The varied programme at PROMISE 2018 is designed to develop participants’ understanding of NHS systems and knowledge of some of the most common acute medical problems seen in the UK.
Sessions will include:
- welcome to UK practice: things I wish I’d known
- introduction to the ePortfolio
- academic medicine and research opportunities.
These sessions will cover a range of common acute medical problems, including:
- acute cardiological conditions seen in emergency departments
- stroke: current management guidance
- sepsis and antibiotics in hospitals.
5 July 2018 09:00 to 17:30
6 July 2018 09:00 to 17:30